Google Friend Connect

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Baking a #MardiGras King Cake

Yayy! I was able to bake King Cake successfully using the recipe of the video below. I was looking at so many recipes but, I decided to use PartyTimeBatonRouge's recipe because from the name itself, she is from Louisiana (assuming hehehe) . Who could go wrong when it comes to taste and cooking prowess from the people in this place eh? Check the video to know the ingredients and even if you are not a pro baker, you can follow her instructions easy.
I was really excited while baking this King Cake. I was in the mood for Mardi Gras hehehe. The dough tastes good. The King Cake is supposed to be festive and sweet so; since I have "tons" of beads, I decorated my KIng Cake with beads around it. Sweet? Not too sweet for me because I lessen the sugar.
The king cakes below are just throw back pics which I found in one of my folders. We bought the cake from Rouse's, a grocery store which is popular in Mississippi. As you can see, there's a plastic baby at the middle and of course, the beads on the side to reflect Mardi Gras.
On my next King Cake, I want to use chunks of cheese as filling, making it a cheese bread. I will try to braid it too and add yellow and lavender colors. Anyway, I hope your Fat Tuesday celebration turns out fun with family and friends. It's Ash Wednesday today so; if you are a Catholic, visit the church and let us do our obligation today. Are you ready for Lent Season? I am.
For main ingredients : flour, eggs, yeast, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. For the measurements and procedure, refer to the video.

That's all for now friends and thank you for visiting my blog always. Have a great day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. Sensible comments will be publish but, spam comments will be scrap.

DISCLOSURE:

This policy is valid from 20 March 2010. This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.