What are you doing this weekend? Me, I just stayed home for I have a stomach bug. I did not go to attend the mass either. My craving today led me to make a caramel custard or crème caramel. Back home, we call this custard dessert as Leche Flan simply because it is made of condensed milk (leche) , egg yolks and sugar.
|A close up shot to show the creaminess of this leche flan.|
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 egg yolks
1. Put the egg yolks in a bowl, beat them
2. Add the condensed milk and mix well
4. Add the fresh milk and mix well
5. Add the vanilla extract then, set aside this milk and egg yolk mixture.
6. In a heated pan, add the granulated sugar and mix until the sugar is caramelized.
7. Spread the caramelized sugar on your leche flan mold evenly.
8. When it is cool enough, add the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
9. Cover the mold with an aluminum foil.
10. Steam the mold for 35 minutes.
11. When it is done, let it cool down. You may refrigerate it for an hour.
As for me, I cannot wait for another hour. I usually eat it right after it cools down. Oh, this is so yummy! You should try it.
By the way, I bought this steamer few years back and this is where I steam my leche flan. If you have a rice cooker, usually it comes with a steamer pan in it, you can also use it. It works perfect!
Try it and let me know how was it.