Google Friend Connect

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Oh So Good #LecheFlan

What are you doing this weekend? Me, I just stayed home for I have a stomach bug. I did not go to attend the mass either. My craving today led me to make a caramel custard or crème caramel. Back home, we call this custard dessert as Leche Flan simply because it is made of condensed milk (leche) , egg yolks and sugar.
A close up shot to show the creaminess of this leche flan.

Ingredients:
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 egg yolks

Instructions:
1. Put the egg yolks in a bowl, beat them
2. Add the condensed milk and mix well
4. Add the fresh milk and mix well
5. Add the vanilla extract then, set aside this milk and egg yolk mixture.
6. In a heated pan, add the granulated sugar and mix until the sugar is caramelized.
7. Spread the caramelized sugar on your leche flan mold evenly.
8. When it is cool enough, add the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
9. Cover the mold with an aluminum foil.
10. Steam the mold for 35 minutes.
11. When it is done, let it cool down. You may refrigerate it for an hour.

As for me, I cannot wait for another hour. I usually eat it right after it cools down. Oh, this is so yummy! You should try it.

By the way, I bought this steamer few years back and this is where I steam my leche flan. If you have a rice cooker, usually it comes with a steamer pan in it, you can also use it. It works perfect!

Try it and let me know how was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. Sensible comments will be publish but, spam comments will be scrap.

DISCLOSURE:

This policy is valid from 20 March 2010. This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.