Google Friend Connect

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Food 911 by Tyler Florence

Do you watch Food Network channel? Well, raising my hands coz I watch Food Network most of the time. I turn on my TV while blogging and because I watch food shows a lot, I can't help myself from eating while doing my online tasks. I saw the Food 911 by Tyler Florence (one of my favorite chef) and all I could think was his recipe: Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Spicy Mayo. For now, I have to order but, since I have his recipe, I might make one today. Here's Tyler Florence recipe:

Ingredients
1 1/2 pound large scallops
1/2 pound thin-sliced bacon
Extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup good quality mayonnaise
1/4 cup hot chili paste (recommended: Sriracha Hot Chili Paste)
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
2 heads Bibb lettuce, washed
3 avocados, sliced

Directions

Heat the broiler. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Place the bacon wrapped scallops onto a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them under the broiler for about 10 to 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked through, turning once.

Make the spicy mayo by combining the mayonnaise, chili paste, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.

To serve, carefully peel away the lettuce leaves and line a large platter with the lettuce cups. Top each with a bacon wrapped shrimp, 2 slices of avocado, and a spoonful of spicy mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro leaves.

Wallah! That was easy. If you make one, share your photos here okay? Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. ah lamia ug nawong oi... pwede kayang ordinary oil lang Amz? murag type nako mo luto ani dah! hehe.. thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching Food Network! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I hope to try this ;)

    - KM

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so yummy, would want to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. Sensible comments will be publish but, spam comments will be scrap.

DISCLOSURE:

This policy is valid from 20 March 2010. This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.