Google Friend Connect

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fruits and Veggie for my Table

Summer time here in Florida is hot and humid. Gardening is not fun at all and I admit, some of my flowering plants withered, sad but that is beyond my control. Glad to note that some of my plants endured the scorching heat. These are the fruits and veggie for my table. My Kumquats are doing well with few remaining ripe fruits and new greens showed up.

The vines of my grapes are thriving so; hubby and I did a DIY project. It is not done but, we are getting there. The grapes are getting bigger each day and I am excited.

This will be my last batch of Okra and I am saving some seeds to make another set of new ones. Okra is so easy to grow and does not need bigger space. You should have one and it grows well in pots too.

Here is my precious Calamondin which is known as Calamansi back home. For my consumption, I never run out of fruits and I am so happy I found this plant at Wal-Mart about a year ago for only $9. It is now 5ft tall.

Next time, I am sure I will be making a calamondin jelly and of course, calamondin juice. Now, all of a sudden I want a calamondin juice. What have you got in your garden? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. Sensible comments will be publish but, spam comments will be scrap.

DISCLOSURE:

This policy is valid from 20 March 2010. This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.