Google Friend Connect

Friday, October 25, 2013

Steamed Semi-Ripe Plantain Using the #HamiltonBeach #Steamer

Back home, one of my favorite filling snacks is "SIOPAO with Red Bean Filling". It is a steamed bread bun normally filled with meat (pork or chicken) as well as vegetables and sweet filling. I can buy Siopao in the Asian Store but, I seldom find the red bean filling. I challenge myself to make a Siopao at home so; I bought this Hamilton Beach steamer. I love this steamer, my super helper!

Steamed Semi-Ripe Plantain is another favorite snacks of mine and because of this steamer, I was able to enjoy eating "nilung-ag nga saging"  :-) though, I used the steamer instead of having it cook inside the pan of boiling water. I don't like to see a cracked peeling so; a steamer will do the trick and it was perfectly cooked. Try it!

Here it is. When the plantain was ready, I strip and throw the peeling, and sliced the plantain into bite size. I have a spicy and salted shrimp fry, a perfect dip for my plantain.

Oh, I was thinking of making this now. Let me check if I have plantain in the pantry. Oh my goodness, my hungry tummy is excited! I will see you tomorrow. Feel free to check my other food adventure. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. Sensible comments will be publish but, spam comments will be scrap.

DISCLOSURE:

This policy is valid from 20 March 2010. This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.