Google Friend Connect

Monday, April 25, 2011

Top Chef, a Battle of Cooks

Contributed by Alec Bates:

Top Chef is a cooking competition that airs on the Bravo network. I've watched several seasons of it so far, and it is my favorite reality show. I watch Top Chef on my satellite dish. Padma Lakshmi is the host, and I think she is one of the most elegant ladies on TV from www.expertsatellite.com. Tom Colicchio is a judge on the show, and he is a famous chef in his own right. I value his opinion because he is brutally honest. Contestants are chosen to compete against one another for an array of prizes. Past winners have received prize money, a feature in Food & Wine Magazine, as well as an expenses-paid vacation.

The judges' critiquing session is my ! favorite part of the each episode. Since I can only see what each dish looks like, it is imperative for me to get an idea of how each dish tastes based on the judges' critiques. Sometimes they praise a particular dish, and I imagine what the food would taste like. At other times, the judges ridicule a chef that has stumbled in the week's challenge. At the end of each episode, the judges eliminate at least one chef whom they feel has not performed well.

1 comment:

  1. Ams, bago ba itong blog mo? Ang ganda ah....sarap ng mga food entry mo dire...kakagutom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. Sensible comments will be publish but, spam comments will be scrap.

DISCLOSURE:

This policy is valid from 20 March 2010. This blog is a personal blog. For questions about this blog, please contact amiableamy in the message section. If my post has a sponsor, it may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content or advertising post may not always be identified as sponsored content. The owner of this blog provides opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsements as legitimate. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.